September 6, 2009

46 Minutes From Home

Thanks to Dad for the wonderfully catchy title :) 
But yes, Highland is '46 minutes from home', so it only made sense to title it that. Actually, it made sense to ME to have 'Church Campout, 2009' or 'Camping at Highland', but I like Dad's title too :)

So all these pictures will be in no particular order (I'd have no idea where to start!), just enjoy!

Photobucket

Katherine found this little guy in the river. There are so many animals there, once, we even found a snake! OK, enough scary stories... :)


Photobucket


Jenny mostly took care of Tobin. Lucky duck :)


Photobucket
~
Photobucket
~
Photobucket
~
Photobucket
Jenny and I took Tobin, Josiah and David up to the sand volleyball court and started playing some real 'volleyball' :)
Photobucket
~
Photobucket
Tobin was much to happy just playing in the sand :) 
Photobucket
Josiah always wanted me to take a picture of him/something, and I was more than happy to say yes! It is not really normal for someone around here to jump up and down and say "PLEASE take a picture of me!!!". I think I've taken too many pictures of them and overstayed my welcome :)
Photobucket
Yikes! Probably shouldn't put that one on here... But I love it! Psst! If I don't blog within the next week, CALL THE POLICE!!! :) Silly silly silly.
Photobucket
~
We had a baptism service on Sunday. 
Photobucket
Our youth pastor Joe.
Photobucket
The nine kids waiting anxiously awaiting to be led down the river bank to the freezing cold water... :)
Photobucket
The nine kids and their FAMILIES waiting at the bank.
Photobucket
Katherine.
Photobucket
Jessica (I'm so sorry Jessica, I WASN'T in a good place to take pictures!).
Photobucket
Jeremy.
Photobucket
Jacob.
Photobucket
Matthew.
Photobucket
Luke.
Photobucket
Evan.
Photobucket
Perry.
Photobucket
Bryce.
Congratulations! Welcome to the church family! 
Photobucket
Haha, lovebirds :)
Photobucket
Eww, look at that mucky brown water... :P It was cold too :) It was cold this year, it was cold last year, and it was cold 3 years ago when I was baptised!
Photobucket
POOL!!! Now remember folks, the water is COLD! 66 degrees to be exact...
Photobucket
What a face!
Photobucket
David is sitting on the edge shivering...
Photobucket
And Joelle is off swimming like a polar bear (Polar Bear? Ice cold water? Swimming? Oh never mind...)!
Photobucket
Aha! But now he is ready to go swimming!
Photobucket
Nope. Never mind.
Photobucket
Another little swimmer! What a cutie pie!
Photobucket
Out of the water, in the water, out of the water... WHICH ONE???
Photobucket
I loved the water drops by her nose :)
Photobucket
Love it :)
You don't know how many people came over to me and said, "Hey, I love your blog!", or "Is that going on your blog?" and I love this one, "Does THAT camera even TAKE pictures???" :) Haha, it's sweet to know that other people read my blog though. And it wasn't just kids! It was actually more adults! I was like "WOW! I really need to watch what I write!" :) And yes, even though my camera does flip out and it looks like a video camera... I love it and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I would rather have a skimpy looking camera and take good pictures than to have NO camera and take NO pictures. Yup. That's my philosophy.
Good night!

7 Friend(s) Commented:

Emily Ann September 6, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

That is so cool that you got baptised in a river!! I wish I had gotten Baptised in one.

Zoe September 6, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

Wow, awesome pictures! I have probably said this before, but you are an amazing photographer!

Davene September 7, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

Oh, I have so much to say! I hope I don't forget something. :)

First of all, I really like your new header picture AND your dad's title. Catchy, indeed!

I was secretly hoping that you would take pictures of my boys and post them here. I love to see them from your perspective, especially when I'm not around!

When you wrote, "Jenny mostly took care of Tobin. Lucky duck." I thought, "My boys are the lucky ducks to be taken care of by those awesome girls!"

The picture right below that caption (the pic has the rocks and the arched bridge in it) is terrific, I think! You are really improving in your photography; I'm so proud of you!

About the pics on the volleyball court.. So THAT'S why I found so much sand in the boys' clothes. When I lifted their jeans to put them in the washing machine, sand just poured out of them, especially out of Josiah's cuffs. Makes sense now! :)

I really like that first picture on the court. The way Tobin and Jenny are looking at each other, the way Josiah is hard at work, the way the volleyball is so prominent in the front--it's all great! The B&W one of the sand in the hand is cool, too. I'm glad Josiah was a willing model for you; I'll have to show him your blog so he can see the pics for himself.

The "haha lovebirds" picture is adorable. Those two are just so cute!

Thanks for including the pictures of Josiah and David at/in the pool. It's crazy, but because of what almost happened there last year (with Josiah), my heart felt really heavy about them swimming there this year. Doesn't make any sense, but that's how it was. Anyway, seeing those fun pictures helps to change that for me, so thanks for giving me a positive image to replace the negative one that kept flashing through the computer screen of my mind!

This just might qualify as the longest comment I've ever left on your blog. :)

Janet September 7, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

Emily, you are an amazing photographer. keep it up. I loved your pictures. We just might make you an official photographer at church!

Em September 7, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

WOW Em,
What great pictures you take. Brings back good memories from Weavers Church Campout!

Bekah September 7, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Great pics, Emily!! :)

Bekah

Evan September 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Wow! I love looking at all of your pictures! They really are great!! And you comments are great. they make me truly laugh out loud :D
evan

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP