July 29, 2008

The small stuff

Last night at about 9:30 p.m., my little sister, Joelle, announces that her 'poor tummy' hurts. So, being the AMAZING sister that I am, went over to rub her back. (She loves for me to rub her arm with a key, but being 9:30, I wasn't carrying a key at the moment. Isn't that horrible?) Anyway, i was rubbing her back, when she asked me to hold her hand. I picked up the little hand and stroked it like mum used to do to me when I was little. Her hand was SO soft! It felt like the kind of butter you get in the containers, except much softer! I told her, "Dear, your hands are so soft!" I got a very tired reply, "It's because we went swimming." I couldn't help laughing a little. After about 5 minutes, she was sound asleep, but I kept holding her hand. I sat on the edge of the bed thinking about my hands. Wait. What happened? Oh well, a little lotion always does the trick.
Today we went to the Dairymen Specialty Open House. They were serving lunch and had lots of displays indoors. Some displays included coloring books, balloons and fly swatters, much to Joelle's delight. (We have plenty of flies around here, so she is very well entertained.) Did I mention they had macaroni? They scored a ten with me in that department!
Two days ago, I was reading in my devotional book, A Young Women After God's Own Heart By Elizabeth George, and their was a poem that I was to memorize. I read it about 3 times, and it just stuck. Here it is, and I promise I'm not looking! :)

Good, Better, Best,
Never let it rest,
Until your Good is Better,
And your Better Best.
I've remembered that for 2 days now so if I remember it that long, I should be good to go!

1 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene July 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

You ARE an amazing sister. :)

That poem is one that I memorized years ago, and it's still stuck with me. It's a good one!

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP