January 27, 2009

Now THIS is what I like to see!




Ahh, the oh-so-wanted snow! We FINALLY got enough to actually dig the snow clothes out and go sledding! I spent the first part of the morning baking a cake and occasionally peeking out the window to make sure the snow was actually there! Towards lunchtime, I went over to my cousins house (She has a pretty big hill to sled down!). We were outside for about 2 hours. After our noses were pink and our gloves full of snow, we headed back inside for some much needed hot chocolate and fresh baked brownies! On our way home, the car was sort of slipping and sliding because the beautiful snow was turning into ice, FAST! So once I was home, safe and dry, I went back out! But this time, Joelle and Kate were with me! I FINALLY got the sleds down from the shed! Those little suckers didn't want to come down! We had a swing set blocking our way in the backyard, so we moved to the front!


Joelle had it easy!


Ha ha, a moving blur!


Again, again!!!


Jenny took these. It got dark pretty fast!

We made snowballs and put them on the porch chair (To pelt Dad when he came home :), but Joelle said she was COLD and we didn't get a chance to pelt Dad. He got out of that one purrdy neatly! So once Joelle was dry, and not as cold as before, she curled up in the best place to be: Momma's lap.



Sorry Mom! I didn't mean to cut you out!

Dad's store (And I need to clarify that it's not HIS store, he just works there and they moved) moved on Saturday (And YES, those pictures ARE coming!). He's been working hard all week (And all month, and all year... :), so I made him this cake:


It's kind of hard to read, but it says, 'Thanks for all your hard work Dad!'. There are five candles: one for Mom, one for Kate, one for Jenny, one for me, and one for Joelle! Oh, and about the sign... I ran out of blue icing, and since Mom was making supper, I didn't feel like whipping up another batch of icing, so I just made a sign and stuck it in with toothpicks. Hey, it worked! Joelle insisted on the candles too!

Just one more thing: tonight, it is supposed to ice and do all that wintry mix stuff, but I'm not sure if I believe those professional, trained meteorologists! This is what it's supposed to do:


This is what I think it will do:


And this is what it will probably do:


Maybe not to that extent, but you never know!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

4 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene January 28, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Wasn't it fun?! Josiah and David stayed outside with the neighbor girls so long that they were soaked by the time they came in. I didn't realize how much snow was accumulating INSIDE their boots, gloves, etc. :) A warm bath got them back in good shape, but their cheeks stayed rosy all evening!

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Hi, Emily:) My name is Hannah and I am 12. I dont have a blog but I reaaaaalllyyy want to get one soon :) I like your blog a lot, and the pictures you take are great!! Your blog is on my favorites list on my computer. Have a great day! :)
~hAnNaH

Brianna January 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Hi Emily!
Thanks for your comment...we just got our first "real" snow yesterday, too! Only a few inches...but hey, we'll take what we can get! And...the best part is...we got two whole snow days out of it!! :-)

I love your blog...I'll make sure and come back often!
Brianna

Brianna January 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Hi Emily!
Thanks for your comment...we just got our first "real" snow yesterday, too! Only a few inches...but hey, we'll take what we can get! And...the best part is...we got two whole snow days out of it!! :-)

I love your blog...I'll make sure and come back often!
Brianna

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP