February 22, 2009

Taking a Break

I've been thinking about how much time I spend on the computer blogging, and my final calculations read: A LOT! So, I've decided to take a break from blogging for one week and see if I can make it :) Blogging has been messing with my time with God. It's bad, and I know it. I spend WAY to much time on the computer! I find myself saying "I haven't done my devotions today, so I should go do that now.", but then I say, "Oh! But I wanted to write that post! I'll read my devotions later...". And that's BAD!

Last Sunday, we learned about idols. During the sermon, the person telling the message asked the congregation what their idols where. At the time, I couldn't really think of something that has 'taken over' my life. But now I know. Blogging.

So hopefully, as I take my 'vacation' from blogging, I'll get closer to Jesus and maybe this huge idol will pass away. Now don't get me wrong, I love blogging! I wouldn't be in this position if I didn't! But that's my problem. I need a break, to get away, to get study time in.

This is my last post for a week, and I'm sure that by next Sunday ideas will be bubbling out of my head! But I think that this is what I need to do to get back into my routine of always putting God first, not coming in second after blogging. I'm going to click on the orange 'Publish Post' button and sign out of Google reader. Put all my blogging thoughts on hold and worship. So please pray for me this week. Not that I'll be in denial, but that my thoughts will stay focused on Him. Have a wonderful week!

6 Friend(s) Commented:

Anonymous February 22, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

I probably need to do that to. If I have nothing to do, I am always on blogger. Whenever I have free time, I am on blogger.

Davene February 23, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Emily, I am so proud of you!!! I do pray that your week is refreshing for you as you focus more on Jesus and draw closer to Him.

Hannah February 23, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

Good luck with that! I don't think I could! -Hannah

Peggy February 24, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

Blessings Emily...What a mature idea! I'm starting the same thing tomorrow...but for 40 days, I need much more time to spend JUST HE & I! God first is a discipline we all need! I know you can DO this! My prayer is that you will succeed & God will remain first and after blogging or any other desires! This is a beautiful blog and I don't know how I ended up here from following Angie's blog design with
Sweet Designs to here. But God's encouraged with with your precious
example for all of us blogging. I think it was your title that drew me here! ENJOY YOUR VACATION!
Resist...I know that it's hard but I have confidence that YOU CAN DO IT in Christ Jesus all things are possible. God bless you!!!

Rachel February 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Hey Emily! That is a great goal! I had to do that too! I am the same way sometimes! I found that I have to read my bible before doing ANYTHING else! Sometimes, even before breakfast! =:) I hope that by not blogging for a week you will come to learn some better ways to manage your blogging time and your time off the computer and bible time. That is always a hard thing to organize!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Maddie March 2, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

You go girl! The computer can be SUCH a distraction. One week I didn't use the computer and the closeness I felt with Jesus during that week was incredible! I hope your week goes great - I'll be praying for ya!

~Maddie

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP