February 9, 2009

A Young Maidens Daybook


This is the first time I've done this, so bear with me!

Today...

February 9, 2009.

Outside my window...

Very dark. I guess that's the way it should be, considering that it's 7:30 p.m.

I am thinking...

That I should probably be doing something more constructive than sitting on my bed writing a blog post :)

I am thankful for...

My wonderful family! Dad is being the wonderful Dad he always is by playing with Joelle when everyone else is to tired to! Mom is in one of her cleaning moods, but I love her SO much anyway! Kate recently changed her blog from Xanga to Blogger, and on Sunday I 'helped' her figure out more blogging secrets!!! Jenny is now at work (She's a waitress at our local retirement community), but she should be home soon. I am typing away on Mom and Dad's laptop, trying to hurry before Jenny comes home and needs the computer for homework. Joelle is playing with Dad, supposedly making a 'scrapbook' with her magazines (She got a whole BUNCH that were in a bag from a white elephant exchange thing on my Dad's side). So yes, I am VERY thankful (Thankful is an understatement) for my family, for without them, I woul be lost (Or unborn :).

I am wearing...

A brown 'San Jose' shirt, Jeans, and black socks (Which by the way are very comfortable because I've never worn them. They were lost and forgotten way in the back of my sock drawer!).

I am reading...

You REALLY don't want to know everything I am reading! I went to the library today, and now I have at least 20 books I need to read in 2 months (Or more)! I am also reading in Genesis. I'm trying to read through the Bible (I don't have a specific time period I want to finish it by. I'm gonna take my time getting through it so that I can concentrate on what I'm reading and not reading 20 chapters a day to finish the Bible in a year :) I also just started reading 'Farmer Boy' by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I've already read all of them, but I just started reading the whole series all in a row. This is actually the first time I've read 'Farmer Boy' (Much to the surprise of my Dad, who when he was my age, read this book just about every month...), so I don't know what will happen, or how it will turn out! Yay! I'm all for new books!

I am creating...

It seems like I'm always creating something! Right now, I'm working on creating something called a 'Personal Flight Device' (PFD). Once I'm finished, I'll be a millionare! Haha :) No, really, I'm creating a flag for my mini society. I'm trying to combine Shaboofalaquanda and Surfboards... Any suggestions???

One of my favorite things...

Oh, my Special Valentine's Day Cookies (For those of you who read my cooking blog, you know what I mean!). They are oh-so good! In fact, I'm craving one right now...

For education this week...

Well, normal school stuff I guess. Math, Grammar, Spelling and Vocab, History, Reading, Science... It's really not too bad, though. I kind of enjoy it... :)

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning...

Hmm, probably baking. Making new things...

A Spiritual Lesson I'm learning...

That pride comes before a fall :)

A godly character trait I plan to work on...

Patience.

Scripture I am memorizing...

I need to work on that. Anyone have favorite verses???

I am praying for...

Obama! I'm REALLY praying that he makes the right choices and comes to realize how he is a sinner and comes to know the Lord. Everyone, not only Obama, needs to realize this.

For the rest of the week...


Schoolwork, baking, Bible-reading, bloggin :)

A picture I'd like to share...


As you all can probably tell, I'm in a flowers mood! I have flowers everywhere! I'm ready for Spring, ready for the flowers to bloom!

So that was my first 'A Young Maidens Daybook'. What did you think? Did I do a good job? Have a good week!


2 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene February 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

You did a great job! I really enjoyed reading this!

I had to laugh at your "Mom is in one of her cleaning moods but I love her anyway" sentence. Made me wonder what my boys think when I get in one of those moods. ;)

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

What a pretty flower! I LOVE flower pictures! Once I even got out of the car at a gas station, just to take a pic of a flower. :-)

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP