March 7, 2009

Spring Cleaning!


You know I must be crazy about Spring when I start my Spring cleaning in March :) Ahh, but with the windows open and a breeze blowing, it couldn't have been a nicer day to clean (I can't believe I just said that!)! My list today included:

-Wash windows
-Vacuum
-Clean under Joelle's bed (Only the bravest people go under there!)
-Make beds (Mine was already made, Joelle's on the other hand...)
-Laundry (is hanging out on the line drying)
-Dust
-Clean off shoe shelf (Joelle tends to stuff her shoes in random places on the shelf)

And make sure everything is ready for the grand arrival of Spring! I've gotten everything done except for the laundry, and that is hanging out on the line :) My room looks spick and span now! Of course, I took some pictures :)


Can we please note that Joelle's bed is CLEAN??!!


I love having the window open!


When I look back at this blog in the future, I want to remember this momentous occasion where the shoes were all stacked neatly on the shelves :)


This is the pet net I was talking about before. Now all her animals have a home!


I got this cute white basket at Gift and Thrift for 35 cents! I filled it with some extra sand and shells for a more beachy look.


I got this entire basket of shells at Michaels for 45 CENTS! I love getting cute stuff cheap!


And lastly, the fake flowers. I'm not a huge fan of fake flowers, but when it's all I got, I'll use 'em! They had to replace that beautiful red tulip :(

Ahh, now that my room is clean, it even smells like Spring!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for the fun stuff!

Today was pretty windy, so Joelle and I got out our kite. We live pretty near some power lines (You know where this is going, don't you?)... Windy + Kite + Power lines = ...


Yeah. Ahem.

Umm, Joelle was flying the kite when THAT happened :) So now her beautiful kite is flopping in the breeze and probably (Don't tell Joelle I said this!) ruined. So if you are driving by in Virginia and you see a Barbie kite stuck on a power line, you can say, "That's where Emily lives!"!

2 Friend(s) Commented:

Sarah Holman March 7, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

I Love spring cleaning!! Well, just that it gets things clean not the actual cleaning part. My sister Rose and I Share a room and I am the messy one. I drive my sister nuts and she still loves me! God's grace in action
Sarah

Anonymous March 7, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

I don't think you're crazy for starting clean springing in March! I did the same. :-) today, I cleaned up my desk, and the whole family room. I must admit that I wouldn't have if my dad wouldn't of said that the mess was getting on his nerves... :-)I think that either tomorrow afternoon, Monday, I'll clean up my bedroom, (I can already her my sister rejoicing. LOL!) and then maybe, just maybe, I'll tackle my family's mess in the other rooms. :-)I like the picture you used!
Amy

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP