March 6, 2009

Is anyone surprised???

Seriously now, is ANYONE surprised that I changed my background and header... AGAIN??? I like this header (Hmm, I wonder how long it's gonna stay...) and background. I got the background from The Cutest Blog on the Block and the background is called Barefoot. I had to get it in the 3 column template, but they do have it without the 3 column. Which by the way, do you like the 3 columns? If you do (Or even if you don't) I have a poll from PollDaddy so you can tell me what you think! I really like it (I wonder how many times I've said that!) :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahh, today feels wonderful! I'm wearing short sleeves and flip-flops in this 60 degree weather! Here is a picture I took a couple of days ago:


Some beautiful yellow flowers that brighten my day whenever I see them! Hey, and speaking of photos, I entered a contest over at Beside Quiet Waters. It's a photo contest! If you want to see the contest rules, you can go here. I entered with this picture:

If you don't remember, this picture was from my Our Afternoon in Pictures post. The contest ends on April 1, and hey! That's my birthday!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of my birthday... (Boy, I'm doing a lot of 'speaking ofs' today!) April 1 is April Fools Day, and so when I was born, my Mom called all our relatives and said "Emily's Born!" and everyone said, "Yeah! Sure! April Fools!" and my Mom's like "No really! She's really here!"! One birthday (I was like 5) Jenny told me that it wasn't really my birthday and that I wouldn't get any presents! I believed her and started crying :) But I was 5 and now I'm turning 13! I've got my entire birthday planned out (Yeah, but how many times am I going to change it? Anybody want to guess... :)! Mom's going to make chocolate chip pancakes (Oh. Yum!) for breakfast and then I'll do schoolwork (Because my birthday falls on a Wednesday, I still have *ahem* get to do schoolwork :). In the afternoon, I want to go to U-Made-It! with Mom and Joelle (And maybe Kate if she isn't elsewhere :) I also want Mom to make my birthday supper (As opposed to going out to eat). I want chicken lasagna (YUM!), corn, salad (With sliced eggs of course!), and Mom's AMAZING savory biscuit bites! And THEN, comes the cake! I want (A lot of "I wanting" going around here...) a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and volleyball candles. Yes, I love volleyball! Sorry I couldn't find a picture of the candles, but they look AWESOME! Since my Cousin (Michelle) has school on Thursday, I can't have her over for a sleepover, but I CAN on Friday :) So, hopefully, Michelle will be able to some over for a sleepover on Friday. My grandma and grandpa give each of us something REALLY special for our 13th birthday, and guess what! I'm turning 13! So the special thing I want is a ride in a lime green convertible VW beetle! Some day after my birthday (Because April can still be cooler sometimes), Mom, Joelle and I are going to pack a picnic and drive up to Skyline Drive (An AWESOME look out place!) and have a picnic! I do feel sort of bad though, asking for a CAR for my 13th birthday :) But this is along the line of what I want the bug to look like:


Oh, this is gonna be fun! But wait, there's more! Sometime in between June and July, Michelle and I are going to Massanutten Water Park for a really fun day! Oh but wait a minute! I need to add the presents in there!!! I'll either do those in the morning after pancakes or after supper. *Sigh* Don't you just love birthdays?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This afternoon, Mom had to go over to the church and cut some fabric out on the big table there. Joelle and I went along and I took some pictures of her on the playground.


~Ahh! It feels so nice to be in flip-flops again!


Looking through the tunnel...


If you can't tell, Joelle wasn't exactly thrilled to be on top of a big train :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It feels like Spring is just around the corner, but you never know with this Virginia weather! One day it's warm and the next it's freezing cold! Sometimes, I wish we could just go without Winter. However, Anne Bradstreet puts it well: "If we had no Winter, the Spring would not be so pleasant". That is true, if we had Spring all year round, we would get tired of it pretty quickly and wish for cooler weather! But right now, I'm enjoying the warm weather!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that's today's long post! I guess I'm trying to make up for yesterday because I didn't post (*Gasp* Was I sick???) anything. Yay! Today is Friday, which means tomorrow is Saturday (No! :)! I'm also getting my hair cut on Tuesday, so I'll try to get before and after pics. I guess I'd better go now and enjoy this wonderful weather instead of typing about it! Have a wonderful Friday!


1 Friend(s) Commented:

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

I love flip flops!!!!
:)

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP