April 2, 2009

Can I be honest with you?

Yesterday might have been the best day of my life. Not one of those sweet moments of "Oh, that was the best day of my life!", but the serious best day. If anyone knows me, they know that I'm a crier. I tend to cry at the little things. I don't cry a lot, but if there's something to cry about, I usually will cry. I do want to say that I'm not a HUGE crier, but I cry sometimes, so don't get the idea that I cry over tiny things :) Soooo, now that I'm done carrying on about crying, I'll get to the good stuff :)

~ I woke up around 6:25 a.m., but I read for about 15 minutes. Then I went out to see Dad because he had to leave for work in a couple minutes. So I told Dad good-bye... and went back to bed. I woke up at about 7:00 and by then Mom was awake too. Mom was making Chocolate Chip Pancakes... my favorite breakfast! So far my day had started out pretty good!

~ After my delicious breakfast, I got dressed. I opened one of my presents but saved the rest for when Dad would come home. I opened one that Mom suggested. It was a beach picture frame, much like this one on the left. It wasn't exactly the one I had wanted, but Mom couldn't find the one I wanted so she got me this one and said we could go to Michael's today and find another one or something else.

~ Kate wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, so Mom, Joelle and I went to Food Lion and bought her some Sprite. Before Mom went in she said to me, "You and Joelle can just stay here, and while I'm gone, you need to be thinking about whether you want Bagel Bites or a muffin.". I was excited because I don't usually get those special treats! I love Mr. J's! Mom was in and out of Food Lion in a flash! I decided I wanted Bagel Bites, but when she went in to Mr. J's, they were out. So I got a chocolate chip muffin! Dad had forgotten his lunch, so we also got a cinnamon roll to get to him.

~ When we got home, Mom gave Kate her Sprite and we were off again! First we stopped by Dad's store and gave him his cinnamon roll. Then we went to Michael's to return the boat frame. I found the other frame and decided that I'd rather get something else because the frame itself was pretty small. I couldn't find something I'd really enjoy having (I know! Even though I was at Michael's!), so I got something off the dollar rack and saved the rest of the money. After Michael's, we went to Lowes and got some wire shelving for my closet! We went home and I wrote a quick blog post. Mom and I set up the rest of my closet (So it's done!!! I'd show a picture of it, but I'm not at a real good place to get any pictures :) I'll talk about that later!).

~ I was on the computer for a little over an hour after that, playing on Scrapblog :) I really need to do a post on that sometime... Dad came home around 4:30 and by then I was dying to open up my presents! So Kate came upstairs and Mom, Dad and Joelle came in the living room (Jenny was at work and I was NOT going to wait until 8:30 to open birthday gifts :). I got lot's of stuff!


1. Kate got me 19 packs of gum!
2. A dotted Tachikara volleyball!
3. I couldn't find the certificate, so I just took a picture of the box it came in :) It certified that I and one friend can go to the Massanutten Water Park! Yay!
4. This was what I got a Michael's yesterday. But also...
5. I get about 10 dollars to Micheal's since I didn't spend all of it yesterday.
6. And Joelle made me a present :) She made me a bracelet and a card and gave me her very own penny!

I got lot's of stuff and I'm SO thankful that I have wonderful parents who get me stuff like this! *Sniff! Sniff!*

~ After presents, Mom had to leave. My grandpa got his knee replaced yesterday and my Mom went up to the hospital where he is staying (Which happens to be where I am right now :). So Mom left and it was just Me, Dad, Kate and Joelle. Joelle was being nice because it's my birthday so she agreed to a photo shoot! I got some cute shots, but here are my favorites!



I thought these were cute!

~ So after our photo shoot, Dad came out on the porch and asked where I wanted to go for supper. Whoa! Surprise! I told him I wasn't that hungry, but that I was craving an Oreo Blizzard at Dairy Queen :) So Dad, me and Joelle left for Dairy Queen. I decided on a mint Oreo Blizzard and Joelle got an M&M Blizzard. Dad just finished what we didn't want :) We ate there, but we had to leave so I could get to youth group. We piled into Dad's truck and they dropped me off at 'The Lighthouse' (Our youth building).

~ My Aunt Laurie and Cousin Bryant picked my up from youth group and took me home. They wanted to give me my present. I agreed :) I invited them to come see my closet (Because my aunt LOVES organization too!) and they really liked it! They stayed and talked for a while but then they had to go home. I checked my e-mail and took a shower. Mom was still over at the hospital. When she got home (Around 9:30) she told us all about it. My grandpa is doing great! In fact...

~ I'm here right now in his room! I think he's getting ready to take a nap. Joelle's been really good! She's cutting up pieces of foam and making door hangers! Everyone here loves her :) How could they not? I was really glad there was internet service here so I can write this long post :) This morning, I loaded all my pictures onto the computer... the other computer. So I had to upload them again to Picasa Web so I could get them on the laptop here. We needed to get ready to go (To come here) so I had to pick and choose which pictures I thought I would need the most. I guess I skipped the closet pictures, so I'll have to do those later.

~ Thank you everyone for praying for my grandpa!

~ I was in bed reading when Mom came home. Her and Dad came into my room and sat on my bed and asked how my day was. I said that they'd have to read my blog post today to know because of I told them now, I'd start crying. They laughed and Mom gave me a hug and said, "Happy Birthday, Em!". Then Dad said, "You're a pretty special kid Emily!". I said, "Oh Shoot! Now I really am going to cry!".

~ Mom and Dad: Thank you SO much for making my birthday a special one! My birthday was definitely the best birthday, and possibly the best day ever! I love you more than I can say and I thank God for you every night!

Hugs and Kisses,

Photobucket

5 Friend(s) Commented:

Melissa April 2, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Sounds like you had one great Birthday! I can't wait to see pictures of your closet!

~Melissa

Davene April 2, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

I loved reading this. It just made me all happy inside. :)

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

YAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GREAT ONE!
Mine is on the 26th of this month - I'll be 15!! Yes!

♥Molly♥ April 3, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Happy B' day Emily!!!!!!


~Molly

delaney April 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Happy Birthday! Wow! Sounds like a SUPER fun day! I can't wait to see your closet organizer! I LOVE organizing! :) The pictures are really cute, too!

Blessings,
Laney

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP