July 2, 2009

2 Recipes to share

***I am unhappy to inform you that I did NOT take the following pictures, but I got them from Google. My camera didn't want to take good pics :)***

Sausage Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients:

1 pkg. regular flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
1 can (8.5 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup frozen hash brown potato cubes, thawed
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons each diced green red and yellow bell pepper (Optional)
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (Optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thouroughly cooked and no longer pink. Separate crescent rolls into eight triangles. Place in ungreased 12" rimmed pizza pan with points toward the center. Press together, seal perforations and form a circle 1 inch larger in diameter than bottom of pan. Turn edges under to make a slight rim. Sprinkle cooked sausage evenly over crust. Top woth potatoes; add peppers and/or green onions if desired. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in small bowl; stir well. Pour evenly over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set is golden brown.

Done! Here is what you pizza should look like when done:


Five Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug (This recipe is absolutely dee-lish! You must try it! It is also called "The Most Dangerous Cake in the World". Do you know why? Because now, we are only 5 minutes away from having a chocolate cake all for ourselves!!!)

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons chocolate chips (Options. OPTIONAL??? What is optional about chocolate chips???)

Directions:

Use a coffee mug that holds about 1 3/4 cups liquid. Place dry ingredients in mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk, oil and vanilla and mix until thoroughly blended. Blend in chips if desired. Place the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes for a 1,000 watt-oven - or 3 1/2 minutes for a 700 watt oven. Be sure to watch the cake through the glass door. It will rise up over the top of the mug, but do not be alarmed! It will settle down as it bakes. Allow to cool a little, and tip it out into a plate. Add a dollop of whipping topping or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. ENJOY! (The recipe says if you want to feel less guilty, this can serve two.)

Oh YUM!!! There is a funny story with this cake though :) Yesterday evening, I was trying to make one for myself. Everything seemed o.k., but when I put it in the microwave, it didn't rise at all! I took a bite, and it was HOT and soft. The next bite was o.k. The next bite was as hard as a rock!!! I had forgotten the egg. DON'T FORGET THE EGG!!! I had to throw it away. I had some of Mom's, so I know it's good! TRY IT!!!

So those are my two recipes I'm sharing! Enjoy!

Photobucket

7 Friend(s) Commented:

delaney July 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Hey Emily! The breakfast pizza sounds DELICIOUS! :) My sister and I have made the chocolate cake many times before! Definitely addicting! Instead of tipping it out and putting it on a plate, we eat it from the mug :) :)

Thanks for sharing the recipes!

Blessings!
Laney

anna :) July 2, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

my pastor used to work @ a pizza place, and since i'm allergic to sauce, he made me some breakfast pizza...it's really good! thx 4 sharing...now i'll have to make it myself!

luv in Christ,
anna :)

Davene July 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

They both sound good. I am really going to have to try that chocolate cake, after reading about it here and on Kate's blog. Yum! :)

Moriah July 2, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Those looks delicious! :)

Melissa July 2, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

I have made the cake in a cup before!! I absolutly love it!!! Did you get that recipe from hadies chocolateir? I think thats what that blog is called. Sorry if i did not spell it right.

~Melissa

Elizabeth J. July 3, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Emily Joy, I was wondering if you'd be willing to make a free blog button for me. I didn't see any prices so I guess you make buttons? Please leave a comment on my blog and let me know. Thanks so much!

Zoe July 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

The cake in a mug sounds very interesting. I have never heard of doing that, but I think I will try it sometime!

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP