September 17, 2008

Fall is on its way...

...And I am here to welcome it! As I wrote before in an earlier post, I'm ready for fall. Especially ready to put up the fall decorations. Only one problem. No decorations. I had to do some shopping (You all know I hate shopping :) the other day. We went out to Michaels and got ALL the fall things I would need! I got lot's of floral (This week all the floral is half off! You can't beat it!) and pots and paint and wreaths and a big bag of mini fall pumpkins, gourds, pine cones, berries and nuts! We needed a new wreath on the front door, so I rounded up the glue gun and toothpicks (The mini pumpkins were made of foam so I stuck the toothpicks into the pumpkins to stick onto the wreath because the wreath was made out of sticks and just glue wouldn't hold it. Whew!) and Mom helped me make a new one!



If you click on it, it will enlarge and you might be able to see all the stuff in there! I think that my arrangement is lovely! I hope you think so too!

Another thing I made were two little flower pots. I saw some at Michaels that I wanted, but didn't get them because they were 5 bucks! So I bought two pots and then some fake mums so that they would last, and then some paint from Dad's store and a little time and, tada! I have some beautiful flower pots!



I wanted to get a big scarecrow ands stick it outside, but I decided on these two small ones! I like them better anyway because if I would have gotten the big one, I would've had to take it inside every time it rained. If they were left out they would get ruined and that's 5 bucks wasted. Aren't the colors pretty on the pot? The paint dried REALLY quick! The flowers are cute too. My favorite scarecrow is the one with the sunflower on her pocket. That ones a girl and the other is a boy (I think...:).

This is my Bible verse of the day.

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.



1 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene September 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

You're so creative! I like your wreath a lot!

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP