November 9, 2008

Cute, Cool, Crafty, and Creative Christmas Cards!

Whew! How many C's can I get in there? The title pretty much explains this post. O.K., now that I'm done with Fall decorating, now comes Christmas decorations (Which by the way, 45 days 'til Christmas!)! First, I was in a 'crafty' mood today, so I set about making Christmas cards! This one is my favorite! I made it for my cousin.


I got the Santa guy at Michaels (My favorite place in the whole world!) as well as the paper used.


The green pouch down in the corner is a gift certificate holder. I'm planning on giving Michelle a certificate to Michaels (Go figure!).

After I made that card, I wanted to make others just for fun. Here's what I did:


I added a red snowman ribbon to the top so I can attach it to a present.


I really like this one! It's very 'cute'!


This is my favorite pattern! I love all the trees!


Aren't they 'cool'?

I guess a lot of us were feeling 'creative' today. Mom and Kate made little star-ball things.


They looked really neat! If you want the pattern, click here.

A close up view of some of them:



We made ours out of paper, not old Christmas cards. It works fine either way (Another thing you could do, is to shrink the pattern and then you can make small stars!).


Don't they look like a little mini forest? If you want a good rainy day craft, this is a good one.

Weather Report: COLD!!! It's finally acting like Winter around here! The fire's going, the cookies are baking... well, not the cookie part, but the fire is blazing! I might need two blankets tonight!

One more thing tonight before I sign off, since I have a computer in my room, I'm allowed to personalize it. I used to have a fall picture for my desktop background, but I needed a new one. What do you think of this one?


I don't know about you, BUT I LOVE HIM! He'll be stayin' on my computer for a while! Happy 45 days before Christmas!

2 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene November 11, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

You're so funny! Don't you know that winter doesn't begin for quite a while still??? :)

Great job on the cards, and I really like those stars. I consider myself severely craft-challenged, but even I might be able to make some of those since the directions include lots of pictures! Even better--maybe Kate can make them with Josiah the next time she's here. :)

Jolanthe November 14, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

Those stars are beautiful!! Great job! I may have to make some of those!

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP