December 31, 2008

Because It's Snowing

I hadn't intended to do a post today, because I didn't know what I wanted to write about. Until about 15 minutes ago. And so, I'm writing this post, Because It's Snowing!

Finally! The First snowfall (That stuck) in Harrisonburg! Couldn't this have happened a week ago??? Oh well, as long as we get it! Let me start at the beginning.

Usually I wake up to Joelle, trucks blaring their horns, FOOD! But today, I woke up to WIND. No, not a nice breeze. A hard WIND. I looked outside my window and saw leaves. Just leaves. Leaves were swirling around this way and that. The trees looked like they were going to fall over, they were swaying so hard! So, I did my devotions with a peek out the window now and then :) I crawled out of bed and went into the kitchen. I got started making an egg (I've been trying to eat more healthy foods). I never have much luck flipping the egg over, so Mom did that part for me :) You could make out some faint snowflakes against the pine trees, but that was it. Nothing to get excited about. Well, I started my morning routine, made my bed, got dressed and made Joelle's bed. As I was making Joelle's bed, I looked outside. I was surprised to see that many of the leaves had stopped swirling, and snowflakes were whirling! I called Joelle and we looked out the window. Joelle was insistent that we go outside NOW and make snowmen and go sledding and make snowballs... I assured that when there was enough we would go out and play, but there wasn't enough yet. I got my camera and took pictures to remember this momentous occasion!



Just Beautiful! My excitement has gone down a lot since the snow has now stopped. :( I wished it would go on and on and on for a week! I want to be snowed in and be oh so warm and cozy! But now it has stopped. The wind is picking up again and the leaves are being tossed about. The snow that was so beautiful is now being melted and scattered around the yard. My excitement is gone, along with the snow. Maybe if I keep praying it will snow some more!!!

Happy New Years Eve! Tomorrow my Dad's side of the family is coming over to play games, so I'll tell you how that goes later! Bye!

4 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene December 31, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Thumbs up for the snow! Thumbs down for the wind. It's been terrible, and it keeps ripping shingles off our roof. :(

But it has been exciting to see a few random snowshowers today!

Shell in your Pocket December 31, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Happy New Year to you! Enjoy a "white" one!
-sandy toes

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Yay for snow!

And congratulations--I've just awarded you the Beary Sweet Blog Award!

joelle December 31, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

I love snow! And your pictures are great! I also loved the way you told us about the snow. :)

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP