December 30, 2008

Just for Fun

A couple of weeks ago, I had a homework assignment for my homeschool co-op. I had to draw a color wheel for my art class. I didn't know diddly squat about what a color wheel should look like! So I turned to my friend, Google Images. I found a nice, simple image of a color wheel and so I clicked to make it bigger. You know how when you click on an image and another little box pops up saying, "Click here to enlarge the photo"? Well underneath is the site of which the picture came off of. I don't usually look at the sites, but this one caught my attention. It was a blog about a lady who is a design student. The thing that got my attention, though, were her sidebar pictures. She had a whole list of weird looking Things (Chairs, baskets and such)! I thought they were so interesting that I bookmarked her page. Today I was looking through my bookmarks, trying to find a certain one, and I found this one again. I didn't have any specific post plan for today, so I decided that I would post about them today. So without further ado, I present Thing Number 1:

"Coconut Chair" by George Nelson


"Marshmallow Sofa" by George Nelson

"Tulip Chair" by Pierre Paulin


"Ball Chair" by Eero Aernio


"Blow Up Basket" by Campana Brothers

"Ball Clock" by George Nelson


"Bubble Chair" by Eero Aernio


"Barcelona Chair" by Rohe Reich


"Eames Lounge Chair" by Herman Miller


"Egg Chair" by Arne Jacobsen
I thought that they looked kind of cool! The only problem is that they range from $100-$1,000! I don't think I'll be getting one of those for a while! My favorite one was the "Bubble Chair"! I would hang it in the corner of my room and have my bookshelf beside it. Ooh! I could read for hours! Which one was your favorite?

Well, like my title said, this post was Just for Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Friend(s) Commented:

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

Those are indeed fun--but think how awkward they'd be to decorate around? (That is, the unusual furniture.)

Then again, I'm always finding myself saying "That's a cool look--in someone else's house"!

Emily December 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Oops! Spelled "Ado" wrong! Sorry! :)

Emily

Davene December 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

The ball chair was my favorite...not so much for the way it looks (really, orange isn't my color), but because of how cozy I think it would be to read a while in there, then fall asleep. Reading first, followed soon after by falling asleep, is always a winner with me. :)

Emily Ann May 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I like the ball chair(orange is my favorite color) and the egg chair.

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP