December 23, 2008

The Cat, The Bell and The Girl




The Cat:
I have this book called Cat in the Manger. I got it in Kindergarten for a Secret Santa gift. I still remember that the girl who gave it to me (Danielle) had a Dentist appointment came in late. When she finally came in, the party was over and my teacher said that I had to wait until I got home to open it! I was very sad! Isn't it funny the things we remember? Anyway... so to make a long story short, in this book, there's a cat that tells its story about the night Jesus was born. He tells all the way from being so cold to watching the couple and the child leave the stable. I think it's a really good kids book, so if you ever have the chance, you should read it!

The Bell:
Ding Dong! merrily on high, in heav'n the bells are ringing! Since I was not there the night Jesus was born, I wouldn't know if there was a chorus of bells ringing and children singing. I just don't know. I'll try to remember to ask God about that one... But of course, in Luke 2, the angels appeared to the shepherds at night. The shepherd were terrified (Luke 2:9) when they saw the angels. I would be more than terrified if I saw an angel! Maybe there were bells ringing, maybe there were bass drums booming, maybe there was a BIG trumpet (Because you know that the trumpet is the preferred choice for most herald events... :). I don't know! So the bell mystery will have to go unsolved...

The Girl:
I'm gonna go deep here, so stay with me... The Virgin Mary was a girl! Ha! I figured that out by myself! Aren't you proud of me? So let's start at the beginning of Mary. An angel appeared to Mary and told her that she would have a baby (Luke 1:26-38). Then, Mary went to visit her friend, Elizabeth (Elizabeth was pregnant as well). After that (In my Bible), everything sort of switches to Elizabeth and Zachariah. For a while, the Bible talks about the birth of John the Baptist. Then everything switches again! It's back to Mary and Joseph traveling to Bethlehem! Luke 2 focuses on Jesus' birth (And part of his young life). And so Mary's life as a mother begins.

This is probably wonderful news to you all out there in blogland! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Do
you know what that means? That tomorrow is the last Advent day! No more posts about our Advent calender! Yay! You jump for joy! Well, at least I am! It was fun to do, but definitely time consuming. Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

0 Friend(s) Commented:

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP