December 18, 2008

The Dove, The Airplane, The Scissors, and The Christmas Tree








First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been on for a long time. It's been 4 days and usually I come up with stuff every day (Or more :). This week I've had a hard time thinking about what to post. I think the thing that's been bothering me is a puzzle. What? How could a puzzle affect my blogging? It's probably not, it's just my excuse :) This puzzle is REALLY hard! The fact that the table that I had sorted and made into piles and put some pieces together and then, only then, did I realize that my table was too small :( So trying to make a too-big puzzle fit onto a too-small table has been on my mind later. More to come!

Second, I'm REALLY not doing very good at this Advent thing. But, let's recognize some things:
1) I am only 12 years old, so I shouldn't expect so much out of myself.
2) I am the only 12 year old I know that has a blog (So in that aspect, I'm ahead of everyone!)
3) This is a first time thing (Oh no! you say. She can't do this next year!!!), so it's just an experiment :)
I don't know how well I'll do in the next 6 coming days (!), but hopefully I'll do better than I have been :)

The Dove:
Hmm... ***I'm racking my brain...*** Nope. Nothing.

The Airplane:
In my mind, an airplane has nothing to do with Christmas! But who knows? In our house full of girls, no one has been begging for a toy airplane this year :)

The Scissors:
Everyone knows that when you're opening presents on Christmas morning, that you need special, heavy-duty, razor sharp SCISSORS! If you're gonna open presents that have been wrapped up in duct table 3 times, you need scissors. Right? :)

The Christmas Tree:
This one is a no-brainer. Our Christmas tree! My favorite part about Christmas (Well, I have many favorites!) is probably when we get our Christmas tree. Another thing I love is at night when all the lights are off and our big (There's nothing 'little' about it!) tree is shining brightly in the living room! We have a big collection of ornaments on our tree this year. We have gold and red balls, ornaments that my Grandma made, ornaments that a lady for our church makes every year, and some random ones! Each one is really special!

Whew! Done! Next time I'll try not to set aside my blogging! Have a wonderful Friday!

1 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene December 19, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Well, Emily, I think it's hilarious to see what is going to pop up next on your Advent calendar. It's definitely the most original one I've seen. :)

Keep up the good work...and hey, if you don't blog every day, it's OK, too. :)

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP