April 26, 2009

The Lord blesses his people with peace.

~ Psalm 29:11

Today was SO calm and peaceful! The Lord knew that today would make me happy! It started out bright and sunny and it is ending with a thunderstorm! By the way, happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a great day of rest! I don't know if you'd call our day a day of real rest, but it was peaceful (Until the end of the day when all of us were tired and making jokes in the van :)!

So we started out by going to church in the morning. I know this will sound horrible, but it was just too nice a day to be sitting in church! I was getting antsy in the pew and was ready to go!!! We finally got home and Mom got out some leftover's from a meal and we all ate. Afterwards I changed into shorts and a tee shirt and sat out in the sun (Hoping to get tan, but it was almost too hot to be outside. I can't make up my mind can I?). After that Joelle was really excited about going on this trip to the lake that no one even knew about, but we all piled in the van with some frozen bread and headed off to the lake anyway! None of my pictures of the ducks are any good, so I'll just post some of the swans.


The swans were all really nice until...


AHHH! This swan kept on staring at me! It was making a low kind of growling noise and it wouldn't stop staring at me! Well I got a little creeped out by this guys antics so I backed away and went on to other parts of the lake... CREEPY!!!

Then we went to my grandma and grandpa's house to visit. We visited for maybe an hour and a half. We were all really hungry by 6:30 (When we left) and stopped by McDonald's for a burger (Well, more like 6, because try splitting one burger with 6 people...) and fries. We were going for a 'Sunday afternoon drive' and stopped by a house some people from our church were building. On the way home, we say a TURTLE!


Actually, he looks more like a... like a... oh I don't know, something other than a turtle! What with his tail and all. Do turtles have tails? Shows how much I know about turtles... DIDDLY! There was nobody around so we (Hehe :) stopped the van and we all took pictures! We probably looked like tourists even though we live there :) Then a car came and we had to remember to act like a normal family.


Pretty soon we arrived home with a van full of giggly girls. Joelle got a monkey from our aunt and he's the kind with magnets in his hands and feet. We have metal corners in our house, so we were sticking him to walls and then... to the vents :)


Poor monkey :) (Have you noticed how many smiley faces I've used in this post? :)

So that was our day! Now it's started to thunder, but who knows how long it will last? Only God knows.



Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!

Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!

~ Psalms 150: 1-6

Photobucket

1 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene April 27, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

That turtle reminds me of an armadillo! I don't think we have those around here though. But I've never seen a turtle with a tail like that! :)

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP