May 25, 2009

Sunglasses Project: Take 2

I did this post in February about my sunglasses barrettes I make. Hey! I could make an Etsy shop and get REAL money! Nah, not right now. I've got too much other stuff to do, but...

I FINISHED MATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! I think Friday I took my last test.

Anywho... On the 28th, I have the BIG mini society thing (Think more than 12 schools) at JMU. So I designated Saturday my 'Make stuff for mini society' day! I finished 16 (?) sunglasses and 2 jars. But hey, 2 jars is pretty good. It takes about 15 minutes to make a big sized jar. Maybe 5 minutes to make a small jar, and 10 minutes to make a medium sized jar. I've got lot's of big jars, but I'm afraid we
might run out of medium or small ones. Since JMU's school colors are purple and yellow, I'm going to put our purple and yellow iris's in each big jar (Ha! What a cawinky-dink!). Our mini society stuff is going really well, and I think we'll make a lot of GEMS (That is what the mini society currency is at GEM fair (The big mini society))!

O.K., so I finished ALL 16 sunglasses barrettes Saturday, well, not ALL. I found ONE pink one under my bed *GRR*. I'm not going to get out the glue gun, the beads, a plate, the barrettes and everything else for ONE pink sunglasses barrette! I think we'll have enough. We usually only sell 2-3 in normal mini society. I don't know, maybe I should make some more... It's REALLY hard to plan for one of these! Like, what's the ratio of boys to girls? Because I really don't think any guys will be buying sunglasses barrettes, I'm really counting on the kindergartners :) But because I was bored (And wanted to play with the camera :) I took pictures of ALL the barrettes I've done!!!

Golden Hearts


Button Set

Princess Set (Joelle wanted a Princess set, so she picked out the beads for these two!)
Bubbly
Gorgeous Green
Smiley
Fall Fun
JMU colors
Goldilocks
These are the only remaining original ones (The sunglasses I had before the metallic shapes!)Perfect Purple

Relaxing Red

O.K., so I KNOW those names were SO cheesy, but I had to name them so that when I refer to them, it's obvious which one I'm talking about (Remember the green one???) :) Relaxing Red? Wow...

Here are some of my favorite accents:

Perfect Purple's red flute :)

Smiley's umm, smiley!
Gorgeous Green's sun!

I counted all of them, and it looks like I only have 14 of them :( Maybe I should make some more... I really don't want to run out!

(P.S. Sorry if my blog looks really weird right now. I'm in the process of switching HTML codes and putting in a new background. Yes I know, I JUST GOT THIS ONE! But I got this one from a place called Exquisite Scraps and I actually BOUGHT it!!! So I'm pretty excited about working with this one!)

(P.P.S. PLEASE comment and tell me which barrette is your favorite! I'd love to know! Also, tell me which is your LEAST favorite, so if I do make more, I'll know what people like! Thanks everyone!!!)



6 Friend(s) Commented:

Emily Ann May 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

I like gorgeous green, Smiley, and bubbly!

Melissa May 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

I like the button ones and the princess! Tell Joelle she did great with the beads!

~Melissa

Elizabeth J. May 27, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Those are adorbale, you did a great job on them. By the way, I will happily add you to my blogroll.=0

Hannah Marie May 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

I've tagged you!

Marissa Kayann May 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

You were tagged!!!

ChloĆ© May 28, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

I LOVE ALL OF THEM!!
chloe

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP