July 18, 2009

A Wonderful Surprise!

Two days ago, I posted about how I was going to the beach. I was very excited about going, because I haven't been to a beach all year (Actually, maybe even two years!)! And also, to be going with friends and family. But that trip was canceled because of a huge storm over the beach :( I woke up all 'ready to go' and excited, but then I saw the weather forecast and... no beach.

But... I FINALLY GOT TO GO TO THE WATERPARK!!!

If you forget, it was one of my presents for my birthday. A day at the waterpark with a friend! When I found out we couldn't go the beach, I was really disappointed. Mom and Aunt Linda were trying to figure out a date to go to the waterpark, and they came up with a date sometime in two weeks, and I COULDN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!! So when Mom got off the phone, I forget if either me or Mom suggested this, but one of us said, "Hey, what about tonight?". And that was the most AMAZING suggestion EVER! :) Mass. WaterPark has a twilight swim/waterpark thingy. You get to do all the same stuff, it's just darker (Although they do have lights so it's really not that dark).

The outdoor waterpark (Which is a wave pool, HUGE/TALL waterslide, and a water play area for the littler kids) was open from 5:00 to 7:00 PM, and Me, Mom, and Michelle got there around 5:30. So we were in the wave pool for about half an hour. Mom just stayed up in a room kind of above the waterpark (Like an observation room). She just sat up there reading/listening to her ipod/watching us/sipping sweet tea :) while we were playing down there. The walls in the observation room are glass, so we could see her from the waterpark.

I'm going to post the same pictures from this post, so enjoy!


The HUGE/TALL slide outside! Michelle and I didn't go on that one, but I went on it last time, and it was fun!
The FlowRider! There was this little girl (Maybe 3) and she was surfing, and she was good! She looked scared out of her wits, but she was GOOD!

When you go up the 'lane' to get to the parking lot, this is what you see. It gives you an idea on how twisty and turny the slides are! The smaller ones on the front side of the building are the body slides.
DON'T GO ON THEM!!! Never! You cannot breathe, and if that's not enough, you can't sit up and you have water spraying in your face for at least a minute.

The entrance to the Country Cooler. This is a fun ride. It's mostly for the little kids though. It goes kind of slow, and it's lit up inside. The Melting Mongul is the very fun! It is pitch black, even in the middle of the day, and you go up, down, sideways, up the wall (Seriously, you literally are on the side of the wall when you go around a turn!) any way go can think of! But my favorite tube ride is definitely the Peak Splash! It is kind of light, and kind of dark. Lot's of twists and turns and ups and downs! When Michelle and I went on the Melting Mongul, it was really dark outside, so that made it really dark in the tunnel. When it's light outside, you can only see right when you go straight down to exit the tunnel. But then it got really dark in the building, so we couldn't even see when we exited the tunnel! There was NO light! We only knew we were going out when we went straight down and water pretty much gulfed our faces :) Now THAT, was fun!

We had so much fun!

After the waterpark, we went to Cold Stone Creamery! I love that place! I got a mint oreo pie crust ice cream bowl (Like It size of course :). After that, we went home and Michelle stayed for a sleepover. We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We finished the movie around 12:00. We were SO tired, so we went to sleep. I can still feel the water rushing over my legs, even though it's the next day! I LOVE the waterpark, but it wouldn't be special if we went like every month. It's very special when I get to go with friends and do fun things, so THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM AND DAD for my birthday present!

So even though we didn't get to go to the beach, we're going next Friday, the waterpark was SO much fun, it made up for missing out on the beach! I'm still tired, so I'm gonna sign off now! Bye!



5 Friend(s) Commented:

Zoe July 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

Sounds like a fun time!

Anonymous July 18, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Glad you had fun! Great pics, too. =)

Rachel July 18, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

That water park looks like so much fun!! Oh, and the ice-cream-tasty! :)

God bless!
Rachel M.

Melissa July 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Emily,
That sounds so fun!

~Melissa

Sandie July 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Wow! That looks like a whole lot of fun!

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP