July 21, 2009

ZOO!

Today our church went to the Luray Zoo. I hadn't been to the zoo in FOREVER! Davene just had her baby (Yesterday, in fact), so we took her boys to the zoo with us! Kate and Mom sat up front, Josiah and I sat in the very back, and Joelle and David sat in the middle - making wedding plans...

They make such a cute couple :) So anyway, we got to the zoo...


Wow! Talk about a scary entrance! So you walk right in to the gift shop (I'll show you what I got later) and pay to go in.

You know, I was planning on avoiding the reptile house altogether. Because, if you know me, I can get kind of squeamish around snakes (And really, any other reptile). But no, they obviously want you to see every aspect of the zoo, so to get to the zoo... you have to go through the reptile house.

***JUST A WARNING, IF YOU HATE DISLIKE SNAKES, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SKIP THE NEXT COUPLE PICS***
Yeah, I really have no idea why I'm even posting pics on snakes. They scare the heebeejeebies out of me, yet I'm posting pictures of them... on my blog. At least they were inside and hard to see, right? No. I'd rather see them full well, then wonder "Is there actually a snake sitting beside me?"


This guys/girls name is Julia Squeezer - a Reticulated Python. Yippee! Such an appropriate name :)

Ha, this little guy had a sign...

"Oh... that's nice to know!" Oh, and no more snake pics :)

Silly munchkins :)

A cute little kitty cat.

This is a Ring-Tailed Hawk.
Josiah said this Toucan was his second favorite, next to a parrot!
We were wondering if this bobcat was named Bob :)

Star, the Bengal Tiger, was my favorite.

This is a Serval. Look him up on Google. He's cute!

Ha ha, speedy the turtle :)

Cute joey!
You got that right!

A... big bird.

These ring-tailed lemurs are cute!
More of the Bobcat.

And... a skunk.
Enlarge this one! Haha! Toad Village!

Love it! Mr. Wart's Toad Stool Maker :)
Petting Zoo <----- Aww... little baby deer!
"What are YOU lookin' at?"

They let a goat out into the room to play!

Donkey/Mule/Cute thing.

Aha! A BIG Camel!

Baby deer.

This big guy downed about 4 of these - each one in 6 seconds flat! He is a thirsty one!


Monkey House!

David and I were being a bit monkeyish ourselves :) P.S. Look at my necklace! I love it!

I have NO good pictures of the porcupine :(

Kate had never petted a lemur before...


And Mom found out she bites!
Pics from the Monkey Show.
No, this picture is not to show how beautiful the workers hair was, look at the monkey!!! Ha ha!

Pretty Star!

My beautiful bracelet I bought at the gift shop! It is a dark green and also a light green - it alternates between the different shades. I really like it!

So that was out trip to the zoo! Hope you enjoyed the pics!



8 Friend(s) Commented:

Julie July 21, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

I've never been bit by such a cute lemur! I love the lemur!

Rachel July 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

I went to a zoo today, too! :D
Great pictures. :)

Blessings,
Rachel M.

Sandie July 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Hey Emily Joy,
I just wanted to let you know I awarded some awards to some of my readers and I picked you! So you can go on over to my blog and see. :)

Davene July 22, 2009 at 3:37 AM  

I didn't know Joelle and David held hands on the way! It's a good thing they're only four years old. ;)

I'm so glad you posted all these pics! It helped me feel like I'd been there, and now I know a little of what my boys were talking about when they mention certain things. Thanks!

Anonymous July 22, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

I love Zoo pics!! Aren't tigers the best! :D And I love that expression you used... heebeejeebies? :P

Kendra Logan July 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Aw, cute pics!

~Kendra

Anonymous July 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

i love those boys. they're crazy :)

Emily Shae July 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Those are really great pics of the animals! I miss the zoo, it looks so much fun!

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP