September 24, 2009

A Cup of Tea?

I can SO see myself sitting on my chaise lounge chair before the fire, sipping my piping hot tea, munching on toast with jam while reading a Jane Austen novel.

*sigh*

There are only a *few* problems with my dream...

  1. I would NEVER buy a chaise! WAY too expensive!
  2. I don't usually 'sit by the fire'. Especially since our fireplace is a big black thing in the basement.
  3. OK (Here's the big problem), I DON'T LIKE TEA!!! :O Yeah I know. There's just something about it I don't like. I ALWAYS am imagining myself drinking 'afternoon tea', eating biscuits and saying 'Daarling...' all the time :)
  4. I HATE piping hot stuff! When I was little (OK, last year) I put ice cubes in my HOT chocolate and I always waiting until Mom's coffee cooled off before I sipped it :) 
  5. I would much rather be reading a Lori Wick novel :)
Hmm, I'll need to work on that.

I got a book from the Library called 'The Teashop Girls'.





It was such a cute little story! I think my favorite part about it was the cover! It is SO bright and cheerful!I love the polka dot teapot and the girls fiery red hair with the blue shirt and yellow barrista apron. It really looks like something I would do... work in a quiet tea shop and wear those awesome aprons! Anyone hiring?... :)

So anyway, in The Teashop Girls, at the beginning of each chapter they have a quote that has something to do with tea, and I loved them! So I copied them down... :) Here they are:

- You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough for it to suit me.
~ C.S. Lewis

-Remember the tea kettle - it's always up to it's neck in hot water, yet it still sings.
~Author Unknown

- Coffee is not my cup of tea.
~Samuel Goldwyn

-Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea!
~Author Unknown
(My Favorite! ^ )

-"Bring me a cup of tea and the Times."
 ~Queen Victoria's first command upon her ascension to the throne

-Thank the Lord for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea.
~Sydney Smith

-Where there's tea there's hope.
~Arthur W. Pinero

-I always fear that creation will expire before teatime.
~Sydney Smith
(I am NOT afraid of the world ending, but it IS a cute concept :)

So those are my favorite tea-time quotes :) When I get my first job as tea shop barrista, I shall tell all my wonderful bloggy friends! And I will invite you to come have afternoon tea with me (One at a time).

4 Friend(s) Commented:

Quinlyn September 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Hi Emily Joy!

I love the cover! :D I will have to check out that book! :) The quotes are really awesome! I love them!

~Quinlyn

Kaitlin September 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Hey Emily!I don't think I have commented on here before,but I read it every time you make a new post.Also,I have given you the Honest scrap award on my blog!!Go check it out :)

Em September 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

Hey Em,
I can totally relate to you when it comes to hot drinks. Like you I usally have to put an ice cube or two in my tea or coffee. :)
Emily K.

Emma September 26, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

That sounds like a good book!


-Emma

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP