January 5, 2009

Shopping off the Dollar Rack

Who doesn't like shopping off the dollar rack? It's the best! You get awesome stuff for $1! Today, Mom, Joelle and I went 'shopping'. We were only going to go to Staples for their 'Dollar Days' sale, but then I 'remembered' I 'needed' to go to Michaels. As I wrote before here, Kate got me a Michaels gift card. Since, we were already in the shopping center, we might as well go, right? I had a few things that I wanted to look for... at the dollar rack :) I got the cutest stuff! First, I've been wanting (Keyword: Wanting) some new magnetic list pads. Everyone should know that I do not need more list pads! But, I went ahead and bought some more... because they were on the dollar rack. Oh, and while I was looking at list pads, I picked up some other fun stuff! Here's what I brought home with me:

An amazing box that has, da da da da da da DA! The letter E! I don't usually get my name personalized because my name is very popular (The 25 most popular baby names of America, 1. Emily, 1996. The year I was born my name was number one on the list!). I found something REALLY cool at Ruth's Books downtown. You know those personalized zipper pulls? Well, someone had the best idea for those people whose names are never there or very unusual. One of the zipper pulls said, "They didn't have my name". I have NO idea why I liked it so much. Maybe because my name wasn't there. I thought it was really cute!


Just a simple little notebook. I love all the different vases! My favorite is the last one!


Finally, my magnetic list pad! I now have more room to write. My other one didn't have as much space. It even matches my room! Does it get better than that?

Well, my Michaels adventure has ended, but my Staples one has just begun! "Dollar Days" are so much fun! You get a whole bunch of stuff for... a dollar! You can get packs of sharpies, notebooks, pencils, pens, sharpies, post-it-notes, paper, did I say sharpies? Surprisingly, I didn't even get sharpies! But here's what I did get:

A beautiful notebook! The inside is, wait for it, YELLOW! The cover is magnetic too.


Oh, what every girl dream to have! Oh wait, just me? Why have boring white paper when you could get yellow? To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to use this for! But can't you just see some famous executive calling his secretary to come in and take notes, and the secretary comes in with a huge yellow writing pad? Hmm, maybe I know what I should do for a living... :)


Ha! What do you know? Some more notebooks! They're small, cute, and colorful. A huge PLUS for me! Me oh my, what shall I do with all these notebooks???

Last night, Kate, Jenny, Joelle and I played Monopoly. I got the electronic banking version last year for Christmas. It is SO much easier than handing out money and such. So anyway, Mom and Dad went to their small group and us big sisters stayed home with Joelle. Jenny ended up winning with 36 million, 601 thousand.

One of the advantages of electronic banking is instead of playing in hundreds and thousands, you play in millions! Kate and her mega-camera took lots of pictures, and today I took some too. Just random shots and not nearly as good as Kate's :)


Maybe tomorrow I'll have news about serious weather. The online weather channel is calling for ice tonight. I sure hope they're right! Maybe the rain tonight will turn into ice, which will turn into snow! I don't think I should get my hopes up :( Have a good evening!

Emily

2 Friend(s) Commented:

Davene January 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

I really appreciate all the enthusiasm you put into your blog! :) And I like the stuff you got today a lot! Makes me want to run out and buy some. Oh, wait, what do I need more notebooks for? ;)

joelle January 6, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Ooooh! I love all of the notebooks! I got a few for Christmas, but I'm feeling like I "want" more. We have the electronic Monopoly as well. I love it. You're right, it's about as trillion times easier, haha.

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP