May 12, 2009

Snap back

Whoa, sorry I've been gone from blogland for a while! Sure, 5 days isn't forever but we're talking about ME here! The person who blogs everyday, maybe twice a day! Hello? Where has she been? I don't know... So here's my 'quick' (Yeah, sure, nothing is quick with Emily :) update of the past 5 days.

THURSDAY
So Thursday was the last post. And on Thursday, I also spent more time on Rainy Day Blog Design umm, designing :) Which by the way, I got like, 7 comments that day with more questions and comments! Thanks everyone! I also haven't posted anything on there for 5 days.

FRIDAY
Was spent doing mostly nothing. It was cold, dreary and rainy. Although, in the evening, I had a job. It is the same job I posted about here on August 7, 2008! I feed cats and birds for a lady up the street. I only do it in the mornings and evenings but I got paid 30 bucks! and that was only for 3 days! 10 $ per day... I can deal with that :) Oh, and while we're speaking of cats, on Sunday, Mom, Joelle, Kate and I went up to see the kittens. Jewel said that her co-worker came by and picked out two. She is taking Doctor Blackard (His name is now changed to Doctor Socks!) and Arthur. So we can still have Louie and/or Riley!

SATURDAY
KATE'S BIRTHDAY! Yay! Happy belated 19th birthday Kate! Kitty job again in the morning. We also went to the Green Valley Book fair (Only one of Kate's favorite places!). I got two books. Jimmy McGee by Eleanor Estes (Author of Ginger Pye and Pinky Pye. I love those books!) and The Twenty-one Balloons by William Pene du Bois (New author. Never heard of him but the book looked good!). After that we came home and went right back out! But you'll never guess where we went this time! OLIVE GARDEN!!! We went Saturday and Sunday at lunch I wasn't even hungry! I had a plate of cheese ravioli and put some of it in a box to take home. I also got a black tie mousse chocolate cake! I shared :) Kate got her choice of dessert and she got some ice cream that had a fancy name, but it looked like chocolate with chocolate bits on top :) Then we stopped by Gabriel Brothers and I got a PURSE! It's value was $50 but I got it for $6.50! How great a deal is that?

SUNDAY
Mother's Day! I got Mom a broom and gardening gloves. Just the stuff she needed! Our old broom was falling apart and she didn't have good gardening gloves. I wore my new dress to church! I LOVE IT! That afternoon, we went for a drive and found a church playground. Joelle wanted to get out and play. The swings were MASSIVE! We were all swinging and laughing! Joelle could go SO high because she is so light! Maybe Kate will post pictures soon... That evening, we used Dad's new fire pit for a campfire. We roasted marshmallows and some of our graham crackers were covered in chocolate! It's the little things in life that make me happy :)

MONDAY
Normal school day. Math, history, John MacArthur study book... Yeah, stuff like that. I read a whole book yesterday (It's o.k., it was only 46 chapters :). Hehe! Now on to the next book in the series! I'm reading the A Place Called Home series and I'm on book #3 of 4 books. It's called The Long Road Home by Lori Wick. She's my favorite author! Oh, and I planted my flowers Monday. I stuck Popsicle sticks in the ground with the name of my flowers in them (Vinca's, Snap Dragons, Marygolds, Zinnea's...).

TODAY
Math, history, John MacArthur study book... haha, I have a lot of variety in my weekdays! Well, today isn't over yet, so I have no idea what I will encounter in the next 12 hours of my day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~I thought I'd share what I wrote in my journal this morning:

Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Dear Journal,
Reading in my Bible today, I came across this verse: 'Psalms 30:11 - You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.' It reminded me of the song by the music group 'Glad', 'Mourning into Dancing'. The lyrics go:
He's turned my mourning into dancing again,
He's lifted my sorrows.
I can't stay silent, I must sing for His joy has come!
I'd heard the song before I read the verse, and I thought the 'mourning' was 'morning' and I was all confused because of it! I find that happening often. The Bible always clears things up!
Blessings!
~Emily Joy

Yes, I absolutely LOVE that song! Has anyone else heard it? It's a great song! My Mom has it on iTunes.

~Memory Verse


How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from
deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be
free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my
mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord,
my rock and my redeemer.
~Psalm 19:12-14

Instead of doing a billion posts today, I'm cramming everything into this one!

~ Have you noticed that I have only one picture on here, but that this post is relatively picture less? That's because my camera won't let me take any pictures! I can view pictures, but not take any (Not that I have any to view...). So we know the battery isn't dead even though it says it is. The camera is pretty old, and now that I've gotten payed for feeding the cats, I have more money. I could have bought it before I got payed, but now I just have more money! I've been searching for a cheap camera (But a good quality) and here's one I found! What do you think? And it's RED! Does it get better than that??? Well, actually, a blue one would be nice... :)

I think that's all for my snap back to blogland. Maybe if my camera gets up and running again, you all can have some spring flower pictures! Blessings!



2 Friend(s) Commented:

Anonymous May 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

WOWIE!
LONG post! Cool!
OH MY GOODNESS!! i just noticed how many blogs you follow!!
GOOD NIGHT, THAT'S A LOT!!
Do you READ all of them!? (I can't talk, by the way).

Elizabeth J. May 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

I really like your blogs! This one is so pretty. Oh, thanks for following my blog-I appreciate it.=)

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP