March 17, 2009

Pretty Project

I've been talking a lot about mini society lately. I thought I'd post about my latest project! My partner (Rebecca) and I have created a business called 'Homemade crafts by Rebecca and Emily'. Original, huh? But it was short, simple and to the point, so we're using it :) We've got a couple of crafts in mind already.

One thing we are going to do is make those tissue paper jars. If you're not sure what they look like, this is sort of what we're going for:



You can make them any size you want really, but Rebecca and I are going to make them smaller. We are also going to put a tea light candle thing in them.

We're also going to make those sunglasses barrettes. I posted about them here. I started making some more today, but Joelle seems attached to her sunglasses and doesn't want me to use them...


Instead of the Elmer's glue like I used last time, I used Mom's glue gun. It worked SO much better! Mom and I also made a trip to Michael's this morning for supplies. I got some of those craft barrettes to use.

But I didn't want to talk about jars and sunglasses today. I wanted to talk about the REALLY cute project I did :) I got some cardboard gift bags (I know, it sounds silly), fake flowers, and some green ribbon (We're trying to 'go green' at our mini society this year. I know they don't mean it literally, but I think green is a nice color anyway :). I had some foamish stuff left over from this craft. I got out my gift bags and put a little bit of the foam stuff in the bottom of it (About an inch and a half of it). Next, I stuck the flowers into the foam. I pulled the bag handles so that they were pointing up and then tied them together with the green ribbon. Oh, I thought they were just SO cute that instead of sticking them away in my closet, I decided to set them on my bookshelf. What do you think?



Leave me a comment and tell me what you think. I'd love to know!!!

Hugs and Kisses,
Photobucket

3 Friend(s) Commented:

delaney March 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

I love the jar and the sunglass barrette, but the flowers would have to be my favorite! That is a really good idea! Your turned out perfectly! I might just have to try this one, if you don't mind:) They look really good on your bookshelf!

Thanks for sharing! All of these crafts look like SO much fun! I can't wait to try some of them!

Blessings!
Laney

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

Hi Emily1 Those are some very cute ideas, my fav is the flower bags! Maybe, to dress them up a little you add a simple piece if ribbon around the top! Good luck with your buisness. Oh, I used to sell homemade bread when iI was younger, to people who lived in my neighborhood. At times, I couldn't keep up with the demand of bread!:D!
Blessings,
~Miss Hannah~

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

ooops! I accidently pressed enter to soon and it didn't put my link!
Let my try again.=)

{Emily Joy Photography}

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP